Tariq Rashid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> thanks for the reply - multiple source ports is the obvious answer which i
> didn't trust was actually specified in the RFCs.

  Yes, it's in there.

> The reason for this is that too often i have seen requests from 1645
> to 1645 and not (random-high-port to 1645) for example.

  Agreed.  That's a *bad* design for a server.  It means that you
can't run a client & server on the same IP.

> in freeradius - is that 8k requests per thread?

  Would you please stop getting excited about threads?  Nothing I said
had anything to do with threads.

> or does the freeradius proxy not use threads to handle the proxy
> states - is it a central state-table?

  I've answered that 3 times already, by my recollection.  Can you
explain why you are ignoring my answers?

> i was hoping the threads handled the proxying becasue then i can set
> the initial pool size and max-pool size (where each thread has space
> for say 500 pending proxy results).

  That's a terrible design for a server.  I've said so many times.

  Please, if you're going to ask questions here, then READ THE ANSWERS.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html