The radius server can process accounting without processing
authentication (and vice versa), there is nothing wrong with that...

Simplistically, if you want to use the Simulatenous-Use features built
into freeRADIUS, then yes the server must process RADIUS authentication
and accounting streams. But this is a matter of how you configure your
NAS, not your RADIUS server...

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html