hello,

thax to all responders!

i solved the prob now ;-)

there was missing the a line which says, the notfound ist NOT a return:

        authtype LDAP {
         redundant {
                ldap1 {
                 notfound = 1  <--- this was missing!
                }
                ldap2
                handled

Bye chris

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 18.04.2005 15:13:21 >>>

> Hello,
>
> i tried to implement freeradius 0.8 with two ldapservers for authentication.
> i want freeradius to check the one ldap-server first, if user not found, the
> other server shoud be asked.
>
> But the second server will only be used by the radius-server, if the first
> server is unreachable. If user is not found in server ldap1 freeradius says:
>
> rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result
> ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
>   modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap1" returns notfound
> modcall: group authtype returns notfound
> auth: Failed to validate the user.
>

> Can anyone help me?
>
> Best regards
>
> chris

I have it working with 1.0.1, perhaps you need to upgrade?  Below I listed
a few differences in our configs.

> ldapconfig in "radiusd.conf":
>         ldap    ldap1 {
>                 server = "sldap1.mydomain.de"
>                         identity = "cn=user,o=level1"
>                         password = ""
>                         basedn = "o=level1"
>                         filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
>                         start_tls = no
>                         dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
>                         ldap_connections_number = 5
>                         password_attribute = userPassword
>                         timeout = 4
>                         timelimit = 3
>                         net_timeout = 1
>                 notfound = 1

** I don't believe notfound = 1 belongs here.  Might be harmless, but I
don't think putting this here will do anything.

>         }
>

> ldapconfig in radiusd.conf:
>         ldap    ldap2 {
>                 server = "sldap2.mydomain.de"
>                         identity = "cn=user,o=level1"
>                         password = ""
>                         basedn = "o=level2"
>                         filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
>                         start_tls = no
>                         dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
>                         ldap_connections_number = 5
>                         password_attribute = userPassword
>                         timeout = 4
>                         timelimit = 3
>                         net_timeout = 1
>                 notfound = 1
>         }
>

> authorize {
>         preprocess
>                 chap
>                 mschap
>                 suffix
>                 files
>                 autztype LDAP {
>                         redundant {
>                         ldap1
>                         ldap2
>                         notfound = 1
>                 }
>         }
> }

Mine looks like this.

authorize {
        preprocess
        auth_log
        suffix
        files
        redundant {
          ldap1
          ldap2
          notfound = return

> authenticate {
>         authtype PAP {
>                 pap
>         }
>         authtype CHAP {
>                 chap
>         }
>         authtype MS-CHAP {
>                 mschap
>         }
>         unix
>
>         authtype LDAP {
>                 ldap1
>                 ldap2
>         }
> }

Mine looks like this (I only use ldap, but perhaps is the authtype vs
Auth-Type.

authenticate {
        Auth-Type LDAP {
                ldap1
                ldap2

> preacct {
>         preprocess
>         suffix
>         files
> }
>

> file "user" contains:
> DEFAULT Auth-Type := LDAP
>         Fall-Through = 1

You shouldn't need to set this here.  Freeradius should figure it out.

> DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User
>         Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
>         Framed-MTU = 576,
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Fall-Through = Yes
> DEFAULT Framed-Protocol == PPP
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
> DEFAULT Hint == "CSLIP"
>         Framed-Protocol = SLIP,
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
> DEFAULT Hint == "SLIP"
>         Framed-Protocol = SLIP

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
.+-Šwèþ˱ÊâmïîžË±Êâmäžzm§ÿðÃëyêÚv+¬¢¸?–+-þë®Èmš