Are you sure you used the "xpextensions" file when you built your
server and client certificates?  I had the same problem you describe
until I added the xpextension (OID) stuff to the certificates.

Try using the following resource, cut and pasting the commands
as they appear within the document.  I used this successfully for
EAP/PEAP and EAP/TLS.   Then make sure that your wireless
adapter is configured to use TLS.  Under Microsoft it's called
"Smart Card or Certificate" within the the adapters properties
dialog box.  If your adapter came with its own configuration software
there'll be a place to specify EAP/TLS.  If you don't see such an
option, your adapter is not 802.1x compliant.

A great resource for EAP/TLS is
austux.net/resources/network/eaptls.html

Jon

Riccardo Veraldi wrote:

Hello,
I am using EAP-TLS. Windows XP, Cisco 1200 AP, freeradius.
Everything is working fine unless I enable the "verify server certificate" checkbox on XP.
In this case I am not authenticated anymore by the radius server.
I Cannot understand why. I have the CA certificate installed
I cannot understand why it does not work.
any hints ?
thank you very much

Rick