I am logging my data from cisco voip box to mssql on a
freeradius on Linux.

All these are working without problem but my question
now is one of the attribute sent by cisco, Acct-Session-Id,
somewhat is actuallly very long ( about 500 bytes ) and
I would like to truncate it and strip the necessary information
out and store it inside the database but it is not working.

OK I understand that perhaps the exec and expr modules
has length limitation but in my experiment a simple short
one is also not working.

I have exec and expr included in the instantiate{}. Then
in mssql.conf, somewhere in the middle I do this :-

      Acct-Authentic = `%{exec: /bin/echo 123}`

Then I checked the database and the log files, the values
for Acct-Authentic did not change accordingly. What am
I doing wrong ? I must be understanding something wrongly .....

Cheers

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html