Firstly, run freeradius is debug mode (radiusd -X) and it will tell you exactly what it is doing. You should be able to see which attribute it has retrieved from the directory to add to the reply.

A few things to look at would be:

1) Do you have ldap configured in the authorize section of radiusd.conf? This is where it picks up the attributes from the user's record.

2) If the answer to 1 is yes, You're doing an anonymous bind to the LDAP server. Does that give you the necessary access rights to read the record from LDAP?

3) If the answer to 2 is yes, are the attributes you're trying to read/return configured in $prefix/etc/raddb/ldap.attrmap

Hope that helps, and guides you on your way to a solution.

regards,
Mike

Andre Herkenrath wrote:
Hi,

I have a very strange problem.
I authenticate a user agains a Novell 6 Server, which is not the
problem.
But I need some Attributes from the authentication brought back to the
NAS

I put these in the users file and it worked with another server:

Users (complete)
-----------------
DEFAULT Auth-Type :=3DLDAP ,Ldap-Group =3D=3D "CN=3DWGRAS,O=3DFKEL"
        Reply-Message =3D "Welcome, you are allowed to have dialup
access",
        Framed-Filter-Id =3D "std.ppp",
        Fall-Through =3D 0
------------------
The Ldap portion of the radiusd.conf (comments removed)
----------------

ldap {
                server =3D "170.56.185.59"
                identity =3D "anonymous"
                basedn =3D "OU=3DAbteilungen,O=3DFKEL"
                filter =3D "(uid=3D%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
                start_tls =3D no
                dictionary_mapping =3D ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                ldap_connections_number =3D 5
                    groupmembership_attribute =3D radiusGroupName
                timeout =3D 20
                timelimit =3D 20
                net_timeout =3D 10
        }

Strangely the binds need a very long time (up to 8 seconds each) - but
what has this to do with the not transmitting the Attributes ??

As I said, the authentication works, but the Attributes are missing -
Any Ideas ?

Regards
Andre