Probably in the NDS setup - where the replicas are and which replica the info
you're trying to get is on.

Check this TID. It explains the referral process.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061859.htm

Mearl

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 4/20/2005 11:58 AM >>>
Hi,

I did the ldapsearch and here is the output:

herkenra
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <OU=Abteilungen,O=FKEL,> with scope sub
# filter: uid=herkenra
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 80 Internal (implementation specific) error
text: NDS error: no referrals (-634)

# numResponses: 1

It seems that the Novell 6.0 Ldap isn´t working as expected !

I tried this on the Novell 6.5 Server I use for testing and got this
result:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=MH> with scope sub
# filter: uid=andre
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

With the Novell 6.5, I could append the attribute, that I defined in the
"users"-File without putting anything in the user directory.

Do you have any ideas ??

Is there a possibility to give these attributes without the exact LDAP
result ?

Regards André