FreeBSD V5.3
FreeRadius V1.0.2
Windows XP Home
Dlink 2100 Access Point
Dlink G132 USB Wireless Adapter
self-signed server certificates using openssl v0.9.7e

I'm using EAP/TLS successfully, however I'd like to have
the user challenged to enter a password prior to being
given access to the local network. Currently, the TLS
certificates work without any user interaction.

I thought this is what the "Challenge Password" was for
when the certificate is created by openssl, but my laptop
connects without requiring any challenge.  When I imported
the certificate I checked the box that required strict
security and said that I'd be prompted every time the
certificate was used.

Does a challenge get initiated by XP, the certificate, or
the wireless adapter?

Looking for any help you can provide on this issue.
Thanks,

Jon