You need to check to make sure that your Windows box is listed in your clients.conf. It has to be listed in there with a secret before the radius server will even start to authenticate requests from it. Take a look at this site and it should help you out a bit… http://www.frontios.com/freeradius.html

David

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shawn Xu
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 7:04 AM
To: freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: No response from Radius server

When I ran radiusd -X, I still got no response from server (time out) on Windows machine, but what I can see on the  Radius machine is :

Ignoring request from unknown client 192.168.107.115:2043

--Walking the entire request list--

Nothing to do. Sleeping until we see a request.

rad-recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.107.115:2443, id=2, length=44

At least, I can see the Windows is talking with the Radius.

Further assistance will be appreciated.

Shawn

David Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Start radiusd like this radiusd X and you should see it read the config files and it will run in the foreground. The X is extended debug mode.   Equivalent  to  -sfxx. This should let you see where the failure is occurring.

David