If you enable log_auth you will get an auth_detail... file that has the
requests from the adsl-1 and adls-2 that you could use with radclient to
verify that it will do what you want.

make a backup of all files you were going to change.
make changes.
(like the old radiusd -X -p 1645)
Modify radiusd.conf to change "port = 0" to "port = 1645"
radiusd -X 2>&1>RAD-test &
change back to "port = 0"
tail RAD-test (look for "Ready" fix any errors {kill the test radisud -X
process} and repeat)

radclient -t1 radius.master:1645 auth SECRET
data_from_auth_detail...
look in RAD-test to see everything that happened