Hi,

> configure --disable-shared
> --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/openssl097g/include \
> --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/openssl097g/lib \
> --prefix=/usr/local/radius

For static SSL libraries, this simply doesn't work, see the mailing
list archive for build problems on Solaris where it was first noticed.
The workaround is to use
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openssl097g/lib -lssl -lcrypto" \
configure <all_your_options>

> As you can see I'm missing libssl.  What is this and how do I install
> it or point freeradius to it?

It's one of OpenSSL's two libraries and not being detected correctly
because configure is using a wrong ordering of libraries when checking
for it.

        HTH,
                Stefan

-