Matt McFarlane wrote:

Totally new to radius. I've installed freeradius 1.02 --with-edir on Suse 9. Attempting to use 802.1X auth from wireless user behind HP 420 AP using WinXP to an eDir tree via LDAP. When I use radtest the bind is successful. However when using the 802.1X supplicant I get the output below. Two things I've noticed are that the password appears to not be received (via PEAP) and that the bind password is being sent as "aassword" instead of "password" no matter what I enter on the supplicant.

You can't use PEAP unless you have plaintext passwords stored in the LDAP or NT/LM password hashes. To use LDAP bind to authenticate you will need to use TTLS with PAP as inner tunnel authentication. This is how you can configure your clients to use TTLS+PAP

http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/wpa-client-config.html

Here is my set up with OpenLDAP that supports both TTLS/PEAP.

http://vuksan.com/linux/dot1x/802-1x-LDAP.html

Vladimir

 modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for testuser
radius_xlat:  '(cn=testuser)'
radius_xlat:  'ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389, authentication 0
rlm_ldap: setting TLS CACert File to /etc/raddb/certs/wheatonCA/radtree.b64
rlm_ldap: setting TLS Require Cert to demand
rlm_ldap: starting TLS
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=admin,ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton/password to
nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton, with filter
(cn=testuser)
rlm_ldap: checking if remote access for testuser is allowed by uid
rlm_ldap: Added the eDirectory password in check items
rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
rlm_ldap: user testuser authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
 modcall[authorize]: module "test-ldap" returns ok for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
 rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
auth: type "LDAP"
 Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 0
rlm_ldap: - authenticate
rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.
 modcall[authenticate]: module "test-ldap" returns invalid for request 0
modcall: group Auth-Type returns invalid for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [testuser/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client shopwap
port 1 cli 000d88ac90c6)
 Processing the post-auth section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Post-Auth-Type for request 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389, authentication 0
rlm_ldap: setting TLS CACert File to /etc/raddb/certs/wheatonCA/radtree.b64
rlm_ldap: setting TLS Require Cert to demand
rlm_ldap: starting TLS
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=testuser,ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton/aassword to
nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: LDAP login failed: check identity, password settings in ldap section
of radiusd.conf
rlm_ldap: eDirectory account policy check failed.
rlm_ldap: NDS error: failed authentication (-669)
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
 modcall[post-auth]: module "test-ldap" returns reject for request 0
modcall: group Post-Auth-Type returns reject for request 0
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.24.41.241:2460, id=31, length=130
Sending Access-Reject of id 31 to 172.24.41.241:2460
       Reply-Message = "NDS error: failed authentication (-669)"
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 3 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 31 with timestamp 428b9927
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.