Alexander Serkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >   No.  It takes the time that the packet was received.  The
> > Event-Timestamp attribute MAY be a lie.
>
> oops. When and why? Have not seen a lie from cisco NASes yet.

  Set the time wrong on the Cisco box, then look at Event-Timestamp.

  It happens.

> >   Exactly.  You can't trust the NAS.
>
> It's a big surprise for me.

  Get used to it.

> Just a small example: when subscriber requests packet data usage
> details we provide a list of his sessions with start-stop times and
> an amount of bytes in/out. What do you think he would say seing that
> he has downloaded 300Mbytes in one second while the maximum speed of
> his mobile terminal is up to 153kbit/s?

  I have no clue how you arrived at that conclusion.  You're suddenly
talking about downloads instead of timestamps, and accusing me of
being an idiot for getting confused about the subject.

  You're rude.  And annoying.

> Another issue - police investigations. When department K requests
> who was online on 25 Dec 2001 00:00:00 whith the ip address 1.2.3.4
> - how can we find this session if the data was pushed into database
> with wrong timing?

  Stop being ridiculous.

  The server gives you the ability to store Event-Timestamp in SQL, or
%S (server timestamp) in SQL.  So you can store what you want, where
you want, in the format you want.

  Stop complaining that the server is broken, fix your configuration,
and go away.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html