Hello Alan.

Dne četrtek 26 maj 2005 18:25 je Alan DeKok napisal(a):
> Anthony Hinsinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Can you explain me what is the problem if you use := operator and for
> > example a CHAP authentication ? because i imagine the CHAP module use
> > the password found in the config items list ... ??? no ??
>
>   If it works, use it.
>
>   But the "users" file will be deprecated in later releases, as it's
> just too confusing.

I beg to differ... the users file is one of the things in freeradius that
are not confusing :).

What is supposed to replace the users file ?

For example I use users file to do:
1. realm rejection
2. usernames rejection
3. Accounting with tunneled usernames
4. To set the use of LDAP organisational unit based on the users realm
5. Block other authentication methods and only allow EAP-TTLS + PAP.
6. Staticly enter usernames (for radius hierarhy testing, service usernames,
...)

--
lep pozdrav,
Rok Papež.