Rupak wrote:

Ya you must be right. I have'nt configured the file /etc/my.cnf.I saw the
file and found that the value of user= was set to mysql. Where as in the
sql.conf file  I pointed out the following
Login = "root"
Password = "password".But I don't know how to configure mysql.Does any one
have a link to a good tutorial.As I am a newbie in the world of mysql
Hi,

Thank you for the reply I think I have compiled free radius with mysql
support because I had installed it --with-experimental-modules.Now if I
start the sql server by giving the command "mysql -u root -p rootpass
radius
< db_mysql.sql" then it returns me with the following error

Error 2002: can't connect to local mysql server through socket
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (111)

What may be the problem.The following is my radius.conf for "authorize and
accounting section

this isnt a FreeRADIUS problem at this point - the above error message is a
straight
'mysql cannot talk to mysql server'. check that
1) mysql is running
2) mysql is configured to allow your host to talk to it
3) mysql is configured to allow root account to talk to it - and that the
password is correct
4) firewall issues - check that you arent blocking mysql conversations in
some wierd way

alan
- List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

http://www.nod32.com

usually there is no need to change anythin in my.cnf by default.
Per default the mysql user root exists and has *NO* password set!
If u want to restrict him to use password or restrict him to hosts u
can either use the mysql-set-permission utility or enter the mysql console and use sql like that:

And do not forget the semicolon at the end of the line :D

U should not restrict the privileges of root ;)

cheers
Sebastian