Some log in errors

Any idea what this is about?
I seem to be getting this on most of the logins. Even the ones that work.

rlm_unix: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication. Cannot use "CHAP-Password". Login incorrect: [rniclh/<CHAP-Password>] (from client usa1 port 228 cli 5208778389) rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 216.127.146.29:52982, id=50, length=213
       User-Name = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
Why is it coming through like this?

       NAS-IP-Address = 63.215.26.191
       NAS-Port = 228
       Service-Type = Framed-User
       Framed-Protocol = PPP
       Ascend-Data-Rate = 31200
       Ascend-Calling-Id-Type-Of-Num = Unknown
       Ascend-Calling-Id-Number-Plan = Unknown
       Ascend-Xmit-Rate = 46667
       Called-Station-Id = "5208294055"
       Calling-Station-Id = "5208778389"
       NAS-Identifier = "nas8.tcs1.Level3.net"
       Acct-Session-Id = "436987031"
       NAS-Port-Type = Async
       Ascend-NAS-Port-Format = 2_4_5_5
       Attr-102 = 0x6c33
 rlm_chap: Setting 'Auth-Type := CHAP'

But when I do it from another system and radtest it seems to work.

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 64.240.77.3:33574, id=228, length=73
       User-Name = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
       User-Password = "deleted"
       NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
       NAS-Port = 500
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4

Alan DeKok wrote:

Radius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I re-ran the install as you said below.

I think it's working, I just have to get used to adding /opt/freeradius in the command lines.

Been watching with the radiusd -x and can even run a radtest

 Exactly.  The problem, as evidenced by your multiple recent emails,
is that you weren't sure what you had done, or what you were doing.
As a result, your progress was less than speedy.

 In general, you NEVER upgrade production servers until you've
upgraded your testing server, and validated the configuration.

 You do have a testing server, don't you?  Or do you always make
updates to your live config, and hope it doesn't break anything?

But now I'm back to the original problem to deny anything with UPPER CASE letters to
prevent double billing by our provider.

 A recent post explained how to fix this.  I suggest going back, and
reading all of the messages in this thread.