N White wrote:

Alan DeKok wrote:

N White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok. I am trying to figure out how to disconnect a user, or to tell the radius server to send a disconnect packet to the NAS for a specific user. This is the command I am using:

echo "User-Name = nickwhite" | radclient 192.168.1.1 disconnect mysecret -x

 Is 192.168.1.1 the IP address of the NAS?

ad_recv: Disconnect-Request packet from host 192.168.1.2:47874, id=139, length=31
Unknown packet code 40 from client 192.168.1.2:47874 - ID 139 : IGNORED

 FreeRADIUS doesn't listen for disconnect packets.  And, you're
sending the disconnect packet to the authentication port.  There's a
special port for disconnects, but I forget what it is.

But why then is there a command as part of radclient to disconnect, and what does that response exactly mean. Is there any way to accomplish this?(disconnecting a user via radclient?)

 Send the disconnect packet to the NAS.

Yes 192.168.1.1 is the NAS. I thought that's what radclient did - told the RADIUS server to send a disconnect to the NAS that the client(user) is connected to. I've tried sending the disconnect to the NAS(Portmaster). Any particular port?

Thanks.

My apology. 192.168.1.1 is the IP of the RADIUS server, NOT the NAS. Sorry about that.