Hi. I'm fairly new to the RADIUS stuff. I'm trying to setup FreeRadius 1.0.1 as a failover (secondary) server on a remote network. I've RadTest-ed and NTRadPing-ed the basic installation and it seems to work fine. My current RADIUS server is a commercial product running on a Win 2k machine (local network).

Exporting the clients & users data from this server for use in the FreeRadius server gave me encrypted secrets for both clients & users. The secret strings I get are all 264 characters long. I tried using these as-is in 'clients.conf' and the 'users' files. FreeRadius won't even start with these. Should I be using these encrypted secrets in the clients.conf & users files at all or should I ask for the cleartext secrets from the NAS clients and use those instead? I'm using plain PPP (NAS clients' requirement). Does that mean I can use PAP and CHAP authentication or PAP only?

Thanks.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html