Hi Dusty,

We have three main radius servers. We setup each of the radius servers to log all accounting to a detail file and we then use radrelay to push the data to our sql servers. This makes the accounting part of our AAA much quicker between the NAS and the radius server. The radius server just has to log it to a file and move on, so the accounting response comes very quickly. This is especially apparent during high loads as we don't need to wait for an sql resource to come available.

Thanks for the advice.

I've found that the performance problem goes away when I test with interim accounting records instead of start records.

I haven't figured out why start records generate such a performance hit. Any ideas?

We're currently looking at radrelay. That sounds like a good idea.

Matthew.