Another possibility for "linking" between modules without truly linking would be to change rlm_mschap to use radius_xlat with the %{exec:...} xlat. Just depends on what others thing. I'm not opposed to moving exec.c back into the server core.

-Mike

Alan DeKok wrote:
Nicolas Baradakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The possible solutions are:
1. Reverse previous changes and move the file exec.c back to src/main.

  Maybe.  If other modules need it, that's where it should go.

2. Copy the file exec.c into src/modules/rlm_mschap, too.

  No.

3. In rlm_mschap.c, use "exec_xlat" from rlm_exec instead of
  "radius_exec_program". It adds a dependancy between the modules,
  though. For example, we could have in radiusd.conf:
  ntlm_auth = "%{exec:/path/to/ntlm_auth ... }"

  That's an option.

  I'm a big fan of "just making it work".  If that means moving exec.c
back to src/main, fine.