Hello Michael,
as you have found the solution of how to make machine authentication work against AD using freeradius and samba: As long as there seems to be a problem with the actual cvs version of freeradius in that area, would it be possible for you, to supply a diff against 1.0.5, so that machine authentication will work?
Thanks
Norbert Wegener

--- Begin Message ---
Artur Hecker wrote:
hi

I've installed freeradius 1.1.0 from cvs and I'm doing EAP-PEAP using
ntlm_auth for authentication. freeradius segfaults while sending the
access-accept packet.

In my first post someone instructed me to enable coredumps in freeradius
and post the result.

just a thought - wouldn't it be principally the same to run freeradius in the gdb and to backtrace (bt) after gdb catches sigsegv?
I suppose, I have reported the same problem a few minutes ago. I ran radiusd under gdb and put the backtrace at http://www.wegener-net.de/fr/bt.txt. The configuration files are in the same directory.

Norbert

ciao
artur

I've compiled freeradius using --enable-developer, set  allow_core_dumps
= yes in radiusd.conf and used ulimit to remove coredump filesize  limit
from my shell, but it seems freeradius still doesn't dump core.

The radius server is a Debian testing box. The Wi-Fi accesspoint is a
D-Link DWL-2100AP.

Is there anything else I can do? Is this a freeradius issue or an OS
issue?

thanks