Bohannan, Chad W wrote:
I don't think that is the issue. The NAS authenticates my users just
fine so long as the /etc/raddb/users file specifies the users
"Auth-Type= System". What I want to figure out is how to make the

Then the NAS is using PAP.

Auth-Type == System is handled by rlm_unix, and rlm_unix uses the getpwent family of calls (see "man rlm_unix").

Thus, unless you've got a very funny unix system, it retrieves the crypted password from the system file, and the only possible authentication algorithm it can support is PAP.

authentication request proxy out to the AD server. Based on the tutorial
& test results everything should be working, but I need to know what
auth-type to use.