King, Michael wrote:
I found that the windbindd_privileged directory was drwxr-x--- 2 root root 4096 2006-02-28 18:10
winbindd_privileged

Is this a recent change of Samba?  I didn't have to do this a few months
ago.  More importantly, did I do something wrong?  Or is this normal,
and I just did notate that I did this before.

It is supposed to be like that. It's been like that forever as far as I know. I don't know why it was working for you - is your samba from an OS package and it's possible they changed the perms?