On Apr 1, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:

George C. Kaplan a écrit :

I had a problem similar to this: 'ldapsearch' worked, but Freeradius couldn't make an LDAP connection with TLS. It turns out that my system had two versions of the openssl library, and radiusd was linking to the wrong version. It was kind of confusing, since the rlm_ldap module was linked to the correct library (in /usr/local/lib), but radiusd was linked to the one in / usr/lib, and that's the one that got loaded at run time. I ended up setting --with-openssl-includes and --with-openssl- libraries in the Makefile for the port (I'm using FreeBSD 5.4), and that solved the problem. --George C. Kaplan [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication & Network Services            510-643-0496
University of California at Berkeley

Thanks George for your answer. I checked: both radiusd and rlm_ldap-1.1.0.so are linked to /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7. I am on Linux.

What is 'ldapsearch' linked to? That's the program that does make a connection with TLS.

Should this version (openssl 0.9.7e) work?

Possibly not; that's the version my system has in /usr/lib. I have OpenSSL 0.9.8a installed (from FreeBSD ports) in /usr/local/lib. That's the version that's working for me, both with 'ldapsearch' and freeradius.