Quoting Alan DeKok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Dennis Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Any luck with this, Alan?  Need any other info from me?  Should I open a
bug report in bugzilla?

 Try the following:

> #5  0x400e24f7 in preprocess_authorize (instance=0x0, request=0x8161638)
> at rlm_preprocess.c:550

 That line in rlm_preprocess.c looks at request->username->strvalue.
Try editing the radlog() to "if (request->username) radlog(...".

 Re-build & install.  Maybe that will help.

That seems to have done it. I recompiled and ran that change on our secondary and when the primary received a bad packet and died, the secondary then got one and kept going. I put the modified version on the primary and it seems to be working well so far. I've seen a couple of these in the log now:

Fri May 5 18:50:44 2006 : Error: rlm_sql (sql2): zero length username not permitted Fri May 5 18:50:44 2006 : Auth: Invalid user: [<no User-Name attribute>/] (from client xxxxx port 108 cli xxxxxxxxxx)

I included the "return r;" inside the new if statement. Not sure if that is correct. Maybe the request->username should be &&'ed to the outer if?

Thanks, Alan!

Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator
BlueFrog Internet