So even though the AP must know the information, we are unable to get it into the radius accounting? We have to script the coordination between the DHCP server?

============================
Message: 4
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:52:36 -0400
From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Accounting - FramedIPAddress - DHCP/IPPOOL
        <freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org>

mad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a problem with the ip address ... because it's dhcpd who give an
ip
address at the client, so freeradius can't have this information.

  Exactly.

I have try ippool in freeradius (freeradius want to give an ip address
but
the client don't receive). Also I have read that it's impossible to use
ippool with eap and when there are access point and/or swith between
client
and server ... it's true ?

  It's impossible to use ippool with EAP.

I have also try other solutions (with syslog-ng who get the ip address
in
the log and insert in acct table ..., a scripts with omshell who permit
freeradius to indicate at dhcpd what ip address give at this client ...)
BUT
I think this solution are very unstable ...

  A well written DHCP server should be as flexible as FreeRADIUS, and
allow you to write the IP to an SQL table.

  Unfortunately, there is no such DHCP server.

  Alan DeKok.

-- Walter Reynolds
   University of Michigan