Christopher Carver writes:
Mr. Linsalata,
Your offer is interesting.  I have been administrating a freeradius server that
authenticates a customer base of 40,000 for the past 5 years.  I'm interested
in the terms of your offer.  I believe what you're trying to do is well within
my capabilities.
Chris Carver
Pennswoods.Net
Network Engineer

You could probably knock this out in no time at all, which is great for us!

This is a very small application - about a dozen users with logins coming few and far between. Each user has a username, a password, and the unique MAC address of his or her wireless card. If all three match - the user is allowed onto the wireless network and is given a specific IP address. If not, the user is rejected.

We were going to authenticate out of a MySQL database running on the same server, but that was only to take advantage of the dialup_admin GUI. Problem is that dialup_admin doesn't deal with MAC addresses, so the local users file will be fine.

The server is already built (CentOS) and Freeradius is already installed. I figure its probably $500 - $600 worth of work in an afternoon for someone that knows what they're doing. Interested?

Drew Linsalata
The Gotham Bus Company, Inc.
Dedicated Servers and Colocation
Long Island, New York