Muthu wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use PAM authentication with freeradius for Win XP client
(PEAP). I am getting error in the tls section.

You cannot use PAM to answer PEAP/MS-CHAP requests. You must either have the plaintext password for the user, the NT or LM hashes for their password, or access to an NT domain controller and use the "ntlm_auth" helper in the mschap module.

  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 5
  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/mschapv2
  rlm_eap: processing type mschapv2
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group MS-CHAP for request 5
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for muthu with NT-Password
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 5
modcall: leaving group MS-CHAP (returns reject) for request 5
  rlm_eap: Freeing handler
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns reject for request 5
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns reject) for request 5