1, installed openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20060731, which is downloaded from
www.openssl.org.

2, completed the necessary settings in openssl, which is locaed in
/usr/local/openssl/ssl.

rlm_eap_tls: Loading the certificate file as a chain

Segmentation fault

Seg Fault humm... I usually get this error is when I install a dedicated openssl library in /usr/local and have my base system use another bundled openssl library !

Do you need to manually install openssl or can you just update the openssl package from you distro ?

Have you taken special care about he openssl libraries used during freeradius compilation/linking ?

Can you try playing with the LD_RUN_PATH environment variable in order to make sure the dynamic linker is using the openssl library used at Freeradius build phase ?

Thibault