Rob Shepherd wrote:

No clear-text is stored in LDAP. I have MD5 in userPassword and the two samba hashes. The cisco kit, VPN concentrator and switches etc, supply a clear text password at radius. I figured my only option was to PAP-to-LDAP.

Is there an alternative for this situation?

Use an instance of the "pap" module with "encryption_scheme = nt"

modules {
  pap nthashpap {
    encryption_scheme = nt

authorize {
  preprocess
  files
}
authenticate {
  Auth-Type PAP {
    nthashpap

...however, you will need:

DEFAULT Auth-Type := PAP

...somewhere, since the PAP module in 1.1.0 (and I think all non-CVS versions?) does not (irritatingly) set Auth-Type to PAP, and cannot even run in the authorize section.

Newer versions of the server (CVS) will both auto-detect "{type}hash" type prefixes in values *and* set the auth-type so you can just do:

modules {
  pap {
    auto_header = yes

authorize {