On 8/30/06, Alan DeKok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Michael Check" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to set up an Apache 1.3 server with WebDAV to
> authenticate to a freeRADIUS?

  Unless I'm mistaken, webdav uses HTTP digest for authentication.
That makes it difficult.

  If it's using basic authentication, mod_auth_radius can help.

> We're using freeRadius 1.1.0 on OSX.4, successfully authenticatiing
> off an Active Directory master.

  If it's using HTTP digest authentication, then this is impossible.
HTTP digest requires the clear-text password, and AD doesn't supply it.

Thanks Alan and Samuel.  I d/l the mod-auth_radius and got it
installed.  I haven't successfully gotten it to work, but I haven't
spent enough time yet.  Task for today.

WebDAV will allow either Basic or Digest (it uses the same HTTP Auth
mechanism that Apache provides) so I think it will work.  Even with
DAV On, you can have AuthType Basic - so my assumption at this point
is that it will work.  I'll report back to the list.

Thanks!

Michael Check