On Oct 16, 2006, at 6:25 AM, Guilherme Franco wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone already have a program to block freeradius on-the-fly?

ie: user has PAID = YES in radcheck table. Whenever I set PAID = NO,
the user would no longer authenticate the next time he/ she logs in.
OK, this works, but, if the user is already loged in, even if I set
PAID = NO, the user would not be rejected (for obvious reasons). This
is important because the grand number of Router mode ADSL users, that
never logs out. I'm building a program to verify every x minutes the
database and if PAID = NO, return a flag to freeradius and then reject
the user.

Is there any other means to do that?

Thanks.

The radius protocol only supports processing of authentication requests.
Unless you can get your hardware to send a periodic re-auth request,
there's no way to have them processed by radius again no matter what
you do to the database.  Radius has no "push" capability.

Your options are:
        +       Get your hardware to re-auth periodically.
        +       Use another process to boot users (forcing a reauth) when you
                change the database.

Owen

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html