Sorry for all my questions lately. I think I have my setup almost complete. I am now stuck on the DB failover. I have read through the documents located here: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Fail-over but am still stuck.

I have two mysql servers. If I shutdown mysql on sql1, it fails over to sql2 instantly. However, if i pull the ethernet plug on sql,1 freeradius appears to just be sitting and waiting to connect to sql1. This is what the console outputs:

rlm_sql (sql1): Reserving sql socket id: 0

If I kill radius and start it up with sql1 disconnected it will failover instantly to sql2. Once I connect and then disconnect sql1 it starts hanging again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Below are some snippets from my radius.conf:

        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql1.conf
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql2.conf
        sql sql1 {
                }