However you can instantiate a new sql module in sql.conf:
sql my-sql-acct {
 Accounting_stop_query =" MY Customized SQL query"

}

Then in you radiusd.conf accounting section:
accounting {
  sql
  my-sql-acct
}

I tried this and freeRadius hangs at startup and says "my-sql-acct: Unknown
Module". I added everything just like you said...

That's weird... It means that your my-sql-acct module definition wasn't read or accepted.

You should try to run radiusd with "radiusd -X" and carefully read the output: this will tell where the problem is.

If you can't find the issue, post the result of your "radiusd -X" (you could also add your radiusd.conf and sql.conf) and I'll have a look at it.

Regards,
Thibault