Sounds like you may be running iptables or other similar filter software
on your server which is blocking the packet from reaching RADIUS.

Owen

On Oct 26, 2006, at 4:38 AM, richard Bai wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I face a very strange problem right now when I configure a freeradius server with PEAP + LDAP.

I can start the radius in debug mode properly. I get following lines:
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

Then I did test by using " radtest username password localhost 0 sharedsecret" And the radius server replied with Access-Accept message. So, I think the serve works just fine.

But when I tested by using "radtest username password IP of server 0 sharedsecret" from a client conneted to the server through a hub, I can not get anything back. I even did not see any Access-Request information in debug mode on the radius server. It looks like the radius doesn't receive anything. However, I sniffered the interface via Ethereal and used " tcpdump - v port 1812 " in the server, I do see the Access-Request packet received by the interface on the server,
I confirmed that the 1812 port is open.

Please give me some idea. Any advices or solution is welcome.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Richard
-