Title: CHAP on freeradius & mysql

Hi all

My freeradius server has been running for some time now and due to
the users file getting a bit long, I decide to go with the mysql-database.

I have my PAP-clients running on the new mysql-radius setup but my CHAP
clients are still failing.

When I was running from the users-file, an entry would look like this:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = MS-CHAP, Password == "void", Calling-Station-ID == '271111111'
                Framed-IP-Address = 1.2.3.4

but moving to mysql, I cannot have "" as usernames.

So my radcheck table has

john    Auth-Type               MS-CHAP
john      User-Password         john
john    Calling-Station-ID      271111111'

When I run radiusd in debug mode, it says

modcall : module sql returns ok for request 1
rlm_chap   login attempt by "john" with CHAP-password
rlm_chap: Using clear text password john for user john authentication
rlm_chap : Password check failed

Is there any othe rdebugging aids that I can switch on to see whats cooking ??

Thanks !
John

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html