I am currently running RADIUS under AIX (the AIX version of RADIUS) and having
a problem.

It appears that the AIX RADIUS cannot be configured to work around this problem.

I was wondering if switching to FreeRADIUS would help?

The problem is this:

Users are authenticating from systems that they should not be authenticating
from - we need to block authentication on a per system (IP address) basis, not
a per user basis.

Users should be allowed to authenticate from any system that they are using
_except_ a certain, specific list of IP addresses which would basically be
banned/blocked from authenticating.

Is this something that FreeRADIUS can do?

I just started reading about it - and if nothing else it looks like
exec-program-wait might be used to test the IP address and return an
authentication failure?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html