I had a fast look at the authentication gateway howto... Sorry, I do not understand how can it help me... I want to find a means to authenticate the wireless clients towards the access point, not towards the rest of the - wired - network. The wireless client must not be able to associate to the AP, unless it supplies the correct credentials: that way, only authenticated users can associate to the AP and mutually 'see' themselves. Certificates are very good for this, but are not so practical when clients belongs to occasional customers... - List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html