Evan Vittitow wrote:
DEFAULT Auth-Type := MS-CHAP
    Fall-Through = 1

Thats what it is set too, should it be something else?

The ONLY circumstances you should set Auth-Type to ANYTHING are (in order of probability):

 1. Setting it to Reject to refuse authentication e.g. based on group
2. Setting it to Accept for PAP requests which you wish to permit-all e.g. MAC-based authentication 3. Setting it (in old versions of the server) for the few modules which don't set it to themselves - namely, PAP

Basically - DON'T set it. Delete that entry from the users file completely. Let the server figure it out, it will do the right thing if configured correctly.

Also, do you know how to have pppd use Client side PEAP? Maybe I can
skip MS-CHAP and use PEAP for both PPTP and 802.1X