Mike wrote:
> All,
> When trying to use the "radauth" tool from nagios to monitor
> freeradius, I get the following in the freeradius log:
>
> Error: WARNING: Malformed RADIUS packet from host ... too long (length
> 18432 > maximum 4096)
>
> radtest seems to be ok.  has anyone else experienced this or knows
> what is wrong?

  I haven't seen it.  I note that 18432 is hex 0x7200.  I suspect that
the NAGIOS people missed a 'htons()' somewhere, and the field should be
0x0072.

Alan,
You are exactly correct.  Good catch.  For mailing list archives, the
simplest patch I came up with:

 /* copy the first 20 bytes of the radius header.  this size is static
  * per RFC.
  */
 radhead->rad_length = htons(radhead->rad_length);
 memcpy(packet,(char *)radhead,20);
 radhead->rad_length = ntohs(radhead->rad_length);

rad_length is used elsewhere, so this is done to avoid breaking anything else.

Thanks for your help!  (I wonder how this always worked for xtradius
from the same machine?)