I am working on setting up a wireless hotspot using Chillispot on DD-WRT. I have installed Freeradius on a W2K server that runs an Oracle database.

After reading the documentation and various howtos, I wanted to see if someone could offer some pointers on authenticating to Oracle using a pre-existing database and not the db/tables built from the sql file in the example docs. For example: I have a list of users listed in the database as 'barcode' (20 Char) and the password is stored in plain text as 'pin' (4 Char).

I don't care about updating or creating users through Freeradius nor do I care about accounting (simultaneous connections).

The defaults in the oraclesql.conf are:

authorize_check_query = "SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM \
        ${authcheck_table} WHERE Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER \
        BY id"
authorize_reply_query = "SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM \
        ${authreply_table} WHERE Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER \
        BY id"
Which I assumed might be able to be trimmed down to:

authorize_check_query = "SELECT barcode,pin FROM ${authcheck_table} \
        WHERE barcode = '%{SQL-User-Name}'"

Am I incorrect in this assumption?

Thanks,

Brian