Guilherme Franco wrote:
Hi,

Freeradius 2.0 alpha was working correctly since November 1st.

Then, this month, suddenly the server started to die, complaining of
"Info: rlm_sql (sql): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried
to connect 0".

This normally means your database is slow. Clean out old accounting records (maybe move them to another table) and execute a "vacuum analyze".

The server runs threaded with max_servers = 32 and num_sql_socks = 32
(there are 5 reqs per seconds, no more than that).

Ok so I've tried to run it single threaded (-X), but then, it's slow
and it missess some access requests, due to processing the accounting.

...indicating a high load, supporting the hypothesis.

I've uninstalled it and installed 1.1.4, but the same occurs!

Restarting radiusd when it fails gives another 15 minutes before it dies again.

Also, disabling accounting helps prolong the server lifetime.

Probably because it reduces the load, again supporting the hypothesis.

However - you also say it is segfaulting? Which I would not expect.