So it will search and find the group, but I can still connect with my user even though it isn't in that group. Any ideas on how to keep a user from connecting if their account isn't in that group?

Thibault Le Meur wrote:
Basically trying to figure out what I need to add to these lines: groupname_attribute, groupmembership_filter, and groupmembership_attribute. Also not sure if I need to add something to users file like: DEFAULT LDAP-Group == "wireless". Can anyone provide input on what I need to configure, Thanks.

wireless group in ldap, you can see cjarrett is a member:
dn: cn=wireless,ou=Groups,dc=itfreedom,dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: wireless
gidNumber: 1011
memberUid: cjarrett

You're using POSIXGroups:
groupname_attribute = cn
Groupmembership_filter = "(&(objectclass=posixGroup)(memberUid=%u))

No groupmembership_attribute.

In you users file, for instance:
DEFAULT LDAP-Group ==  "wireless" ...

See /usr/share/doc/freeradius/rlm_ldap text file.

HTH,
Thibault