Hi,

Rafa Marín López wrote:
Reimer Karlsen-Masur, DFN-CERT escribió:

Hi Karlsen,

thanks for the answer, please see inline...
Argh, your misunderstanding is because of the inline documentation/default setup of the eap config file.

*Trusted* CAs for client auth are stored in

CA_file

or

CA_path

So there is no conflict here with certificate_file option.

And IMO usually CA_file and certificate_file should *not* contain the same CA certs
Well in my current configuration I have the RADIUS server certificate in certificate_file and CA certificate in CA_file.

But with that configuration , the radius server is still sending the CA certificate.

Having said that , your proposal was to not include the CA certificate in the RADIUS server certificate (in certificate_file variable)

My RADIUS server certificate does not have the CA certificate included. Even so, the RADIUS server is including the CA certificate :(...

any alternative solution?.

No.

If the configuration is as minimal as suggested (no chain certificates in certificate_file) and FreeRadius is still sending the complete server CA chain build, this must be some FreeRadius magic....

How do you check if FreeRadius is actually sending the chain?

--
Beste Gruesse / Kind Regards

Reimer Karlsen-Masur

DFN-PKI FAQ: https://www.pki.dfn.de/faqpki
--
Dipl.-Inform. Reimer Karlsen-Masur (PKI Team), Phone +49 40 808077-615
DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de, Phone +49 40 808077-555

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html