Hello,

I have search the archives and google, and there seems to be lots of confusion on the subject: Requiring membership to and LDAP group to authenticate.

I can seem to get it to work.  Notice the misspelling og the member:

dn: cn=radius_wifi,ou=Groups,dc=fu,dc=bar
cn: min_radius_wifi
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: top
member: cn=tes guest,ou=Guests,dc=fu,dc=bar

The real user, cn=test guest,ou=Guests,dc=fu,dc=bar, is still able to login.

FreeRadius Version: freeradius-1.0.1

ldap {
                server = "localhost"
                identity = "uid=authman,dc=fu,dc=bar"
                password = XXXXXXX
                basedn = "dc=fu,dc=bar"
                filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
                base_filter = "(objectclass=person)"

                # default_profile = "cn=radprofile,ou=dialup,o=My Org,c=UA"
                # profile_attribute = "radiusProfileDn"
        #`      access_attr = "uid"

                # Mapping of RADIUS dictionary attributes to LDAP
                # directory attributes.
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
        ldap_connections_number = 5

                password_attribute = userPassword
                groupname_attribute = cn

groupmembership_filter = "(|(&(objectClass=GroupOfNames)(member=%{Ldap-UserDn}))(&(objectClass=GroupOfUniqueNames)(uniquemember=%{Ldap-UserDn})))"

groupmembership_attribute = "cn=radius_wifi,ou=Group,dc=fu,dc=bar"
                timeout = 4
                timelimit = 3
                net_timeout = 1
                #compare_check_items = yes