My guess is that this means that you don't have the network interface lo running, or your routing table is messed up?

If you're sending from the localhost to 127.0.0.1, the source should be 127.0.0.1, I would think.

What OS are you using? If it's linux (or another *nix), you could paste the output of "route -n" here and it might help us to debug your problem.

Is the firewall running locally on the box or elsewhere?

   -Josiah

Alan DeKok wrote:
Jørn Kostøl wrote:
However a firewall, which cannot be changed, does not let me send
packets from the external IP to the localhost on which the virtual
server is listening.

  It's weird that the kernel would choose an external IP to use as the
source for packets to localhost.

Is it possible to have Freeradius listen on one IP for the NAS, but
proxy on a different IP (localhost) ?

  Not right now.  It wouldn't be too difficult to add a "source IP"
field to the "home server" entry, so you could specify where packets
came from.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson