The format isn't easily sortable or useable in a SQL compare operation. It also requires slightly more work to generate. The simple format of "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" makes more sense to me. It is easily human readable, and is also easily machine readable, isn't locale or language dependent.

Basically, it means that to do any operations on the table regarding the Expiration date, where I only want dates between a range, I have to get all dates, and sort them outside of SQL.

I'm not sure if print.c is the right place for this, but I've not had a chance to look at the code.

Tim

Marinko Tarlac wrote:
Well what problem do you have with this format?

Best regards

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Hi,
    > Tim White wrote:
    > > Bummer. Does anyone know how to get a format that doesn't use
    Words
    > > (month Name)?
    >
    >   Edit src/lib/print.c to print dates in a different format.
     Or, make a
    > suggestion for the format you like...

    hmm, a feature request?   what variable in the config though?
    print_time ?

    print_time = human
    print_time = UTC
    print_time = unix ?