Yes - I am already using poprelayd and I can set the IP timeout to any value I want.

Thank you for telling me that it is not the best way, but that does not answer my question. How can I do it?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Ivan Kalik wrote:

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:44:14 +0100
From: Ivan Kalik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Freeradius and poprelayd - any ideas please

pop-before-smtp is a module that you install on your mail server so it
*always* connects to pop server before connecting to the smtp server.
Put it in Google and have a look.

AFAIK logged IPs have a timeout of a few minutes. Putting IPs in the
database when users connect is not the best solution. If they go surfing
before checking e-mail, IP entry will expire - and you are back where
you started from.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

Dana 28/3/2008, "Bill Brunton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> pi?e:

Well - it seems that many customers have trouble with Outlook and Outlook
Express.. If they have an email in the outbox, say they compose offline
and connect to send it, it tries to send it before checking email... In
other words no POP before SMTP. If Outlook does not send successfully -
then it does not check for new email either. So I get a lot of "I can't
send or receive email" complaints.

I have SMTP AUTH set up too but you know how users are - when it does not
work they go in and try to fix it before asking for help and SMTP AUTH is
found to be disabled or has the wrong info set up.

So - if I could have freeradius add the IP to the popip database when they
log in, it would make everyone much happier, especially me.

I think it should be an easy thing to do...