Am 23.04.2008 um 10:56 schrieb jennie susan:

Thank you alan for your time,

As i mentioned before i am new to linux too. I had installed openssl already and the libraries are in /usr/local/lib folder.

i dont know how to enable this (path) in the server, because i guess there is another openssl (older version) installed, i had this problem when making eapol_test tool then i installed newer version in the specified directory.

You could use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment varaible to set the path where to find a library.

Be careful that this feature might be disabled by the linux distribution that you are using (mainly due to security reasons).

In that case you have to change /etc/ld.so.conf (or something like that).

Then how can i restart the radiusd, is it ok to kill the demon and then start it again.... sorry for this naive question.

As far as I know it is the recommended way.

thank you once again for the time you are taking for me,

BR,
Jreuben

Alan DeKok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
jreubens wrote:
> I am newbie trying to test free radius for my master thesis, i installed > free radius two days ago and did some initial testing, the initial test was > through so the radius server is running properly, before i move on i wanted > to test the eap modules, so i tried to test with the help of eapol_test tool > that comes with the wpasupplicant, i cannot succeed i get failure message.
> rlm_eap: NAK asked for unsupported type 25

The system does not have the proper OpenSSL libraries installed.

Install OpenSSL, and the development headers. Then re-build the
server, and PEAP will work.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/ users.html

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/ users.html

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html