Thank you Ivan Kalik:

Great work in the mailing list for you and also Alan DeKok. I'll try the recomendations. There is much documentation in the Freeradius Wiki and in many other articles and forums. But one have to learn wrong things from wrong articles and I'ts sometimes difficult to guess the right information. Bye all.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ivan Kalik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: PAP Authentication User-Password not working properly

mysql> select  * from radcheck
   -> ;
+----+-------------+----------------+----+---------------+
| id | username    | attribute      | op | value         |
+----+-------------+----------------+----+---------------+
|  1 | Chapsqluser | User-Password  | == | chapsecret    |
|  2 | Chapsqluser | Auth-Type      | := | Local         |
|  3 | Papsqluser  | Crypt-Password | == | /gTPHauHkNjWE |
|  4 | Papsqluser  | Auth-Type      | := | Crypt-Local   |
+----+-------------+----------------+----+---------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Don't force Auth-Type. Remove Auth-Type Crypt-Local from the database
entry. Let pap module sort it out. And entry for Chapsqluser is also
wrong. Remove Auth-Type, replace password attribute with
Cleartext-Password and op with :=. Server documentation clearly states:

- don't use Auth-Type

- use Cleartext-Password (not User-Password) for clear text passwords.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Inormatika ISP

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

__________ InformaciĆ³n de NOD32, revisiĆ³n 3090 (20080509) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con  NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html